CAMRA is an independent, voluntary, consumer organization. Membership is open to all individuals and is governed by a voluntary unpaid executive, elected by the membership.
The Society is financed through membership subscriptions, sales of products such as books and sweatshirts, and from the proceeds of the beer festival. We receive no funding from the brewing industry other than a limited amount of advertising in our newsletter, “What’s Brewing”. We are a non-profit society registered in the Province of British Columbia.
Our Constitution & Bylaws are published here.
CAMRA’s mission is to act as champion of the consumer in relation to the BC and Canadian beer and alcoholic beverage industry. It aims to:
- Maintain consumer rights
- Promote quality, choice and value for money
- Support the public house as a focus of community life
- Campaign for greater appreciation of traditional beers as part of national heritage and culture
- Seek improvements in all licensed premises and throughout the brewing industry.
- encourage the responsible enjoyment of beer as an alcoholic beverage.”
For complete information regarding CAMRA in British Columbia, please visit www.camrabc.ca
For a list of CAMRA membership benefits, click HERE