CAMRA Victoria AGM – January 23, 2018
Category : Featured
The next annual general meeting (AGM) of the Campaign for Real Ale Society of British Columbia (CAMRA) Victoria Branch is scheduled for Tuesday, January 23th, 2018.
The AGM will be held in the Buckerfield Room at Swan’s Hotel, 506 Pandora Avenue, starting promptly at 7:30 pm.
All members in good standing (membership has been paid and has not yet expired prior to January 23, 2018) of CAMRA BC’s Victoria Branch are invited to attend, and attendance is limited to paid-up members only.
Please remember – membership is now on a “rolling 12-month” cycle – expiry date of your membership should be clearly indicated on your card. If it says for “calendar year 2017”, that membership has now expired as we are in January, 2018 at the time of the AGM, so you must renew now.
Please go to the CAMRA Victoria website and follow the on-line link to join or renew. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can join or renew your membership shortly before the meeting, if you haven’t already done so, as the room will be open starting at 7 pm and we will be there to process renewals and process new memberships. There will also be a sign-in sheet to register attendance at this meeting.
Elections for the 2018 CAMRA Victoria branch executive will take place at the AGM. Nominations are being accepted for all positions, being:
• President – represents branch overall as a member of the CAMRA BC executive and chairs the branch meetings
• Vice President – acts for the President as necessary
• Secretary – prepares correspondence, agendas and minutes
• Treasurer – keeps the financial records for the branch and prepares related reports
• Membership Director– keeps the membership records for the branch and prepares related reports.
• Communications Director– updates the branch website and sends out/posts updates via email, Facebook and possibly Twitter
• Marketing/Merchandise Director– co-ordinates and manages the branch booth at beer events, including Great Canadian Beer Festival, and manages the inventory and sale of merchandise
• Events/Programs Director- plans and schedules the official activities carried out by the branch, including the monthly meetings, and may involve other special events, and provides information to Communications
These are the only positions for which nominations are being sought, as these are the key roles that need to be filled and enables more efficient management and administration of the executive.
Nominations are being accepted for all of the above positions in advance of the AGM. It is also possible to make a nomination at the AGM.
To be eligible for election, the nominee must be a CAMRA BC, Victoria branch member in good standing (as above) and willing to run for the position. It is not necessary for the nominee to be present at the AGM itself, as long as they have confirmed their willingness to stand for election to the position. Please e-mail nominations to carol.and.john.rowling@gma
Just a reminder – we are a volunteer organization, and it’s critical that we have a strong executive committee, made up of people who have the time, energy and commitment to do the work necessary throughout their full term, to keep the branch running and make our programming as successful and enjoyable as it can be. Please keep this in mind before you make or accept a nomination.
Nominations for the CAMRA BC executive for 2018 will also be sought shortly (watch for a separate email about that process) – and any member in good standing of any of the branches of CAMRA BC may be nominated for election to the BC executive. The nomination process for CAMRA BC will likely close after we have completed the Victoria Branch AGM.
Members should only aim to be a member of either the BC executive or the branch executive, but not both, in order to be able to fulfill the demands of the position (exception – branch presidents are also members of the BC executive and do not have to be nominated and elected a second time).For further information about the CAMRA BC process, please see the CAMRA BC website.
If you have any questions regarding the AGM or the election, please do not hesitate to contact me
I hope to see as many of you as possible at Swan’s for the AGM on January 23rd.
President, CAMRA BC – Victoria Branch