Category : News
Here’s What’s Happening…..
Sept/Oct 2017 Issue: Hello CAMRA members and Craft Beer Enthusiasts,
*****Newsletter Update – This abbreviated email is being sent in place of the standard newsletter this time around due to time constraints and content availability. We will hopefully have a proper newsletter again next month.
** CAMRA Members Monthly Event – Axe & Barrel
Come join your fellow CAMRA Victoria members for a behind the scenes look at Axe & Barrel with head brewmaster Andrew Tessier.
Axe and Barrel brew master, Andrew Tessier, recently won a silver medal at the Canadian Brewing Awards for his Kolsch beer. Hopefully we will get to try it.
Thanks to West Coast Brewery Tours we will have a limited amount of seating for those in need of return transportation from Victoria to our upcoming Axe and Barrel meeting.
-Return trip will cost $5 payable to our executive team before boarding the shuttle.
-To Reserve Your Spot, follow the link below and fill out the reservation form. The form will take you to Pay Pal for Payment. If you perfer to pay by other means (which we would need to get in advance of the day) please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
-We will confirm with you via email that you are on the shuttle. If you do not cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting you will be on the hook for the $5 fee. This is to ensure a full bus and offset our costs.
-You need to be a member in good standing to benefit from our shuttle offer. 1 Guest is permit pending that payment is made in advance.
-Pick up and drop off will be at The Moon Under Water Brewpub. You will need to arrive here by 6pm so we can do a head count, handle payment and depart at 6:30pm sharp.
Hope to see you there.
A huge thank you to all of the CAMRA members and executive that made our booth at this year’s Great Canadian Beer Festival a rousing success! We sold out of all 1100+ pretzel necklaces over the two day period, plus had exceptional popularity with the prize wheel that was graciously donated to us by Lighthouse Brewery.
Also, a big congratulations are in order to our prize winners, especially those that won a CAMRA membership, among others:
– Laura Paddock (Grand Prize winner) – Dan Sealey (Friday Blue Box winner) – Sarah Phillips (Saturday Blue Box winner)
Welcome to the group, and we look forward to seeing you at any and all future CAMRA events.
Other Events Happening on Vancouver Island
– Savor Cowichan (on now until October 8th) Various Locations around the Cowichan Valley
– Category 12 Brewery Tasting/Showcase (October 6th & 7th) Tudor House Liquor Store
– Taproom Tour @ Riot (October 6th) Riot Brewing Co.
– Granville Island Brewery Tasting (October 8th) Tudor House Liquor Store
– Woodland Empire Tap Takeover (October 11th) Smiths Pub
– Fuggles and Warlock Brewing Showcase (October 13th) Tudor House Liquor Store
– Qualicum Beach Oktoberfest! (October 13th) Qualicum Beach Civic Centre
– Oktoberfest at Oaklands! (October 14th) Oaklands Community Centre & Association
– Brewers Row Tap Takeover (October 14th) Smiths Pub
Thats just a sampling of some of the events happening around the island over the nest couple weeks. For more info on these or other events not listed here, check out the CAMRA Victoria Facebook page or the CAMRA Victoria website.
============================================================ Other UPCOMING EVENTS IN THE FALL
* Stein & Dine – October 21st at Victoria Public Market
* Winterbrau 2017 – November 4th at Canoe Brewpub
* Christmas Craft Beer Show – December 1st & 2nd at Save on Foods Memorial Centre
* CAMRA Victoria’s Annual Christmas Party – December 15th at the Fraternal Order of Eagles Club on Esquimalt Road